Welcome to this site, which is owned, operated, licensed and managed by CAPITA BUSINESS SUPPORT SERVICES IRELAND LIMITED (“Capita” or “we” or “us”).
By using this site, regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us, you are agreeing to these Terms. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms, you should not use this site.
We may make changes to these Terms at any time. We will let you know what these changes are by posting them online, but it is your responsibility as a user to make sure that you are aware of them, by checking for any changes on a regular basis. Changes will become effective as soon as they are posted. If you continue to use this site after the posting of changes to these Terms, it means that you accept any such changes.
Some of the sites that we make available provide you with information only; but many of them allow you to contribute and share resources (such as case studies) and to exchange ideas and collaborate with other users through Wikis, Forums, online survey tools and other exciting new learning management tools.
We are always looking at ways to improve the site and so we may update and make changes to the content or features made available on this site at any time.
You can visit most areas of this site without registering. However, if this site includes interactive features, you will need to register to use them e.g. to enquire about the purchase of the products post to a forum or to contribute in some form.
For areas of the site where a password is required it is for a single user only. Passwords must be a minimum of Eight characters, including a special character, a number and a capital letter. Please do not share your user name and password with any other person as you will be held personally liable for all activities that occur under your passwordwhether they occur with or without your knowledge.
We take care to protect the privacy of customers and users of our website. Set out below is an explanation of how we process information about visitors to the site.
Collection of personal information.
The information which we collect and store during normal use of the site is used to monitor and analyse how parts of the site are used. Such use does not result in any personally identifiable data being collected or stored.
You have the option on certain pages within this site to submit personal information to us in order that we might send you further information or email alerts. These pages provide explanations as to how this information is to be used.
We will not disclose without your consent any personal information we collect about you when you visit the site to a third party outside of Eircode. In connection with any application, request or enquiry you make, your information will be passed directly to the relevant business unit within the group.
By submitting your personal information through this website, you shall be consenting to it being processed in the manner described above.
This site may include links to third party sites posted either by us or by our users. We may not have reviewed all these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them or any information, content or material contained within, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
7. About content we provide on this site
This site contains content provided by us us and others. Our content is subject to Capita PLC, Eircode and the Irish Government copyright protection.
If you see any material on this site which is identified as belonging to a third party, other than content generated by other users, you will need to get their permission to re-use it beyond viewing it on screen or downloading a page for your personal, private, non-commercial use.
There may also be material on this site which has been generated by other users through our interactive features such as our online learning environments, or Press Articles.
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in all text, images, sounds, software and other materials on this site are owned by us, Capita or the Irish Government and/or affiliated companies, or are included with permission of the relevant owner. References to affiliates or affiliated companies shall include all members of Capita.
You are permitted to browse this site and to reproduce extracts by way of printing, downloading to a hard disk and by distribution to other people but, in all cases, for non-commercial, informational and personal purposes only. No reproduction of any part of the site may be sold or distributed for commercial gain, nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication or site. No other licence or right is granted.
8. About content you and other users provide to this site
If this site contains any interactive features, the following applies:
The rules of collaboration
Any material which you and other users contribute to the interactive features of the site, including online learning environments, and online surveys is generally known as “user generated content” or “UGC” for short.
Who can use your UGC and how they can use it
When contributing UGC to this site:
- you are granting to us , non-terminable and free permission to make all or any part of your UGC available through the site and to allow any other sites to link to pages on this site which contain your UGC;
- you are granting to every other user of this site unlimited, non-terminable and free permission to use all or any part of your UGC ;
- you are granting us unlimited, non-terminable and free permission to use, re-use, copy, adapt, abridge, amend, distribute, modify, translate, publish, perform, display, develop, reproduce, communicate to the public and to make your UGC otherwise available in any form and/or by any media (whether now known or hereafter devised), including through any on-demand or broadcast service, whether on a commercial or non-commercial basis anywhere in the world.
General rules governing content and participation through our interactive features
We do require that your use of our site and any other interactive features that we provide is lawful. Consequently, you may not use our site or any of our interactive features for any illegal purpose and in particular you will not:
- post content or initiate communications which are unlawful, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harassing, obscene, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable or embarrassing to any other person as determined by us in our sole discretion
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications that infringes the intellectual property rights or any other rights of others
- harvest or otherwise collect or use information about others without their explicit consent
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- interfere with or disrupt the site or servers or networks connected to the site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the site
- after receiving a warning, continue to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or post comments that are not related to the topic being discussed
- impersonate another person
- engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying our site, or which, in our judgment, exposes us to any liability or detriment of any type.
We may monitor the use of the site or our interactive features, but we do rely on you to:
- either move any items that you consider (acting reasonably) fall foul of these Terms or that breach any applicable laws off site. Please see [refer to page of site that explains how to move such an item] for further details; or
- inform us direct if you spot any abuse, inappropriate behaviour or if you believe any infringement of your rights may have occurred, by sending an email to the global facilitator address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by contacting Customer Services.
We will then review the particular items and determine in our sole discretion whether they should be removed altogether and take any other action that we believe is appropriate.
We reserve the right (but we are not obliged) to do any or all of the following:-
- record the content that is posted or the communications that pass via our interactive features
- investigate a claim that any one or more communications or item of content does not conform to the Terms and determine in our sole discretion to remove or request the removal of such communications or content
- remove without notice content or communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms
- terminate a user’s access to the site
- monitor, edit, or disclose any content posted to our site or communications passing via our interactive features at our own discretion.
- edit or remove any content or communication(s) posted on our site, regardless of whether such content or communication(s) breaches these Terms.
9. General use
Your information and activity on this site must not:
- be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- be in breach of any applicable laws, regulations, licences, or third party rights;
- interfere in any way with the proper working of the site and in particular you must not circumvent security, tamper with, hack into or disrupt the operation of the site or surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information as defined in the Data Protection Act 1988 and 2003 (as amended from time to time).
The site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in circumstances of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the control of Capita.
You agree to fully reimburse us in respect of all losses, costs, actions, claims, and liabilities incurred by us, Capita or its affiliates as a result of any breach or non-observance by you of these terms or any data submitted by you to us.
We will make all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses (and similar destructive devices) from the site but cannot guarantee the exclusion of viruses (and similar destructive devices) and you should take appropriate steps in respect of this risk.
Capita General Use
Specifically in conjunction with this website and its specific requirements we may use Databases and the Documentation, as licensed to us via a third party, for processing and developing postcodes. We may (for evaluation and non-commercial use only and subject to third party licensor approving the exact content and number) make up sample data sets from postcode supplied information for bona fide potential Value Added Resellers (“VARs”) or you the “End Users” prior to having the VAR or the End User execute a specific VAR or End User licence agreement, provided that such sample data sets:
i. are encrypted to prevent copying; and
ii. are configured so that they can only be used for a fixed period of time, not normally exceeding thirty (30) days (or, if required, for a longer period by arrangement); and
iii. are either, collected from the potential VAR or End User, or, destroyed after the expiry of the period referred to in ii. above, provided that the we obtain written confirmation of any such destruction from the VAR and/or End User.
Our sample data set will provide a description of all the elements in each record and the data structure the Eircode Address Database. It can be downloaded for free on condition that you do not:
- Make any commercial use of any of the data,
- Resell or lease any part of it
- Allow it to be incorporated into any other database or product
- Use it to provide any form of bureau service.
Although we provide our site in good faith we cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, quality or completeness of the resources, or other information available via this site. In particular, we do not endorse in any way, nor accept responsibility for any opinions, advice, statements or other information or content made available by users who upload content to this site.
Please be aware although this site may contain references to third parties products or services, the inclusion of such references on our site does not represent an endorsement, either express or by implication, of such products or services, nor does it indicate that the products or services has been evaluated or approved by us.
We do not promise that your access to the site, or its content will be delivered uninterrupted, timely or error-free, or that the site will be free from viruses or other harmful properties. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the site is done at entirely your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
You agree that, to the extent permitted by law, we will not be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or other type loss or injury resulting from your downloading or use of any content from our site.
The information on this site has been included in good faith but is for general informational purposes only. It should not be relied on for any specific purpose and no representation or warranty is given as regards its accuracy completeness or fitness for any particular purpose or any site linked to it. Save to the extent that such limitation is not permitted under law neither us nor Capita plc, nor any of its affiliates, nor employees shall be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising in contract, tort or otherwise out of any reliance on information contained in this site, access to or use of or inability to use this site or any site linked to it including, without limitation, any loss of profit, indirect, incidental or consequential loss.
You agree to indemnity, defend and hold harmless us, Capita, our employees, agents and licensors from and against any claim, liability, cost, damage or loss we or they may incur (including reasonable legal fees) as a result of (i) any material that you post, transmit, or otherwise make available (ii) your use of this site and any material posted on it (iii) any actions you take which disrupt access to and/or functioning of our site (iv) or any breach by you of your obligations under these Terms.
12. Site availability
Whilst the only downtime should normally be for planned fixed periods, we may temporarily suspend or interrupt access to the site from time to time without notice in order to repair, improve or upgrade the site.
If any part of the provisions of these Terms is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, all other parts of these Terms will not be affected and will remain in force.
These Terms govern our relationship with you and represent our entire agreement with you.
If you breach these Terms and we choose to ignore your breach, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms again.
Reservation of rights
Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
Governing law and jurisdiction
The contract between us will be concluded in English. Any disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with the contract are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Republic of Ireland.
14. Contact Us
For enquiries about the site, you should contact:
Capita Business Support Services Ireland Ltd
Maynooth Business Campus